Wednesday, November 7, 2007

"I think it would be fun to run a newspaper"





























Pic by Diario de Fiestas

I never imagined I could dress like this in Mexico City, but during Fashion Week S/S 2008 you did not have another option. This was the same day I interviewed Nikki Hilton for the publication I was editing, Fashion Week's The Daily (look between my hands), she told me she had only brought tank tops and flip flops! I don't blame her. Mexico City's recent weather is absurd, just like everything happening to our planet right now.

Fashion Week was Freezing Week. According to the weatherman, it was around 5 degrees C during the day. Luckily I managed to bring a few winter pieces from my Montreal excursions and, well, I did not entirely freeze.

But don't look at me with those eyes, I did not kill the animal, it's a vintage coat, you fool. I love animals and to prove it, I will tell you that I'm wearing many layers underneath, each one representing a wild animal. The result won the applause of Nikki Hilton and many of our local designers and fashion experts. Meow.

And about the newspaper. Is it fun? Yeah, Mr. Kane was right. It's been lots of fun.

No comments: